Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is super creamy and delish! Any appetizer that is done in 5 minutes or less is almost always a winner in my book. This is the hummus I am going to serve as an app for Thanksgiving. It has the perfect lil’ kick of heat and can be used as a spread, dip, or eaten by the spoonful. My kiddo couldn’t wait for the spoon and starting dipping his hand in the food processor. Note: Don’t shoot food around toddlers. It’s mental. However, it makes for some cute pics. 😉
I’ll keep this post short ‘n sweet. If you’re looking for something quick, easy, and cheap to concoct for a soiree or just yourself or your fam, this is an awesome recipe. I definitely suggest a hummus for a T-day appetizer as well. Hummus is always a crowd pleaser. I have an awesome recipe for an artichoke, basil, and balsamic hummus, too! Enjoy!
- 1/2 15 oz can cannellini beans - drained
- 1/2 15 oz can of garbanzo beans -drain and save 1/2 a shot glass of bean liquid for hummus
- 3/4 C roasted peppers (if using jarred peppers, drain well)
- 2 heaping Tbl tahini
- 2 Tbl spicy taco sauce/hatch sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp of salt (or to your taste)
- Place all the ingredients in a small food processor and blend well
- If too thick, slowly add water until you've reached your desired consistency
- I drizzled hot sauce on top and garnished with small slices of lemon and lime and a couple slices of roasted peppers.
Beet Hummus with Mint is something I’ve wanted to make for a while now, as it seems to be the ‘hip’ hummus these days. Garlic is out, anything off ‘beat’ (haha) is in. Ignore my humor. 😉 I made this recipe a few times in order to reach the perfect balance of ingredients. I didn’t want it to be too sweet or too earthy. This awesome Beet Hummus with Mint is my final and ‘perfect’ dip. If someone would’ve told me that beet hummus would be a thing years ago I would’ve said, “gross, we’ve gone too far.” Thankfully, I’m with the progressive crew these days… rollin’ with the homies. 😉
I blended mint and beets and then garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds since I had half of a pomegranate left over from my kiddo’s birthday party (for my fall sangria – yum!).
Beet Hummus with Mint is an awesome appetizer for a soiree! It’s totally gorgeous, unique, delicious, easy, and healthy. What more could you ask for?! Let me know your thoughts and send me pics in the comment section of your creations!
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans (save a shot glass worth of bean juice) - drained
- 1/2 can cannellini beans (the beans should total 15 ounces together) - drained
- 2 Tbl tahini sauce (not heaping)
- 5-7 drops edible lemon essential oil OR lemon juice (if using fresh lemon, squeeze one large slice)
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 8.5 oz can of beets -drained OR 1 small beet
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup (or syrup of your choice)
- Dash of salt
- *Oil, mint leaves, pepper, and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Blend all ingredients (except garnish) in a blender or immersion blender
- Garnish with oil, mint leaves, pepper, and pomegranate seeds
- Serve with veggies or chips of your choosing!