Vegan & Vegetarian Huevos Rancheros
A delicious, healthy, and easy Mexican inspired vegan and vegetarian rendition of Huevos Rancheros. Good for breakfast or anytime of day!
Write a review
- Handful cilantro - lightly chopped
- 3 stalks green onion - diced
- 8 Tbl vegetarian refried beans
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (optional)
- 3 Tbl red & yellow roasted peppers - juilienned
- 1 1/2-2 C spinach
- 2 wedges of lime
- 2 eggs (for vegetarian version)
- 4 slices tofu (for vegan version)
- 1 small tomato - diced
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- Hot sauce as desired (I use a green & a red hot sauce)
- 1 tsp: cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, salt OR taco seasoning
- Cook spinach in pan for about 1 minute with pinch of salt
- Add roasted peppers and cook for about 30 seconds more
- Smear refried beans on each tortilla and top with cheese (optional) & pinch with seasoning (don't use all of the seasoning)
- Cook eggs or tofu in a separate pan. Sprinkle each side with remaining seasoning
- In the meantime, heat an additional pan on low and put tortilla/s in pan.
- Add spinach & peppers and then place your egg or 2 slices of tofu on each tortilla and cook until tortilla gets crispy
- Garnish each tortilla with cilantro, hot sauce, and lime wedges (squeeze on top)
- Serve quickly while still warm!
- If you like more seasoning feel free to be liberal when sprinkling it on.
- When using eggs, I like to fry it over-medium.
Food Galley Gab http://foodgalleygab.com/