The BEST Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce Ever! is the creamiest, tastiest, and easiest vegan cheese sauce I have created to date. It is also the best tasting vegan nacho cheese I have ever consumed! After years of messin’ around and trying to create the best vegan nacho cheese sauce one can possibly make, I dare say, I have finally done it. The texture is absolutely incredible and the flavor is outta this world. Okay, so I’m not gonna be humble in this post ’cause this kicks some serious vegan nacho cheese ass! My husband greatly dislikes and will not eat almost every single ingredient in this sauce, but absolutely LOVED this cheese sauce. If you knew my husband, you’d know that this is sayin’ something. I have a million and five ways you could alter this for different styles as well. Typically, I say, “use whatever is in your fridge and use my recipe as a guide,” however, in this case, to achieve flavor and texture I would state that you should follow this recipe as closely as possible. If you’d like to have a different style of vegan nacho cheese sauce I’d recommend the following:
Add vegan chorizo! Trader Joes makes a bomb one!
Add even more jalapenos!
Add cilantro (had I had this in my fridge I absolutely would’ve done this)
Add taco seasoning for a flare
Jazz it up with a smoky (or any) hot sauce
Vegan or not, this is a much healthier version of a cheese sauce and it literally takes a mere 5 minutes to make. If I sold my, “The BEST Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce Ever!” I would promise you a money back guarantee if you were not 100% satisfied. Get down with some corn tortillas chips, sweet peppers, and margaritas on your next beautiful weekend!
- 1 C raw cashews
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos OR soy sauce
- 1 Tbl vegan cream cheese
- 1 Tbl dijon mustard
- Approximately 10 pickled jalapenos
- 2 Tbl Ortega Taco Sauce (or another thick taco sauce)
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Place all of the ingredients in a mini food processor or anything that will chop/grind well and puree until completely smooth and creamy
- Serve with your choice of chips or veggies
- I served this at room temperature. If you refrigerate and serve again you can quickly heat it up.
- Feel free to add: vegan chorizo, more jalapenos, cilantro, and/or taco seasoning
- Negra Modelo or another light and crisp beer
- A margarita of your choice