Cheesy Vegan Breakfast Sandwich was created over the holiday to ease a carb-craving hangover! It totally hit the spot! Typically, I make my own vegan cheese but I used Daiya cheddar for this sandbo. I crisped up some tempeh in taco seasoning, Gimme Lean Sausage (super crispy – the way I like it), toasted the cheddar on an amazing jalapeño bread, and smashed it up with some avocado. I sprinkled some s & p over the two toasts, put it together, sliced it in half, and literally inhaled this fabulous concoction quicker than you can say, “Cheesy Vegan Breakfast Sandwich.” I was left stuffed, and had become one with the couch, and then sipped on coffee, sat with my heating pad, and watched an episode of General Hospital. Hey, don’t judge. We all have our crack! This sandwich & GH are mine! 😉 I happened to indulge myself for the holidays with a bag of Stumptown’s Hair Bender coffee as well so that just made the crack even better! Not the worst way one can nurse a hangover!
I’m off to a healthier and more fit 2018 thus far. Four lbs down and more to go! Looking forward to wearing this AMAZING new jumpsuit and flare jeans that I just purchased from Free People. Hopefully, I’ll be rockin’ them & lookin’ svelte by spring! That being said, I’ll have to save this bfast sandwich for a real craving. 😉 Happy almost end to the first week of 2018! Cheers!
PS- I’ve included pics of the awesome jumper & jeans!
- 2 slices of bread (I used jalapeño)
- 1 slice of vegan cheddar (I used Daiya)
- 1/2 of an avocado - smashed
- 2 small circles of Gimme Lean sausage OR 2 other vegan sausage patties
- 3 thin slices of tempeh
- Taco seasoning to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Oil for pan & tempeh
- Using one large pan or two small pans heat burner/s to medium
- Brush the tempeh slices with oil and taco seasoning - fully covering the tempeh with both
- Put the tempeh & the sausage in pan until crispy (you may cook the tempeh longer than the sausage) - about 5 minutes
- While the vegan 'meats' are cooking, toast the 2 slices of bread with a 1/2 piece of cheddar on each slice. When done, equally divide the avocado smash onto each slice with the cheese and smear together creating a beautiful gooey mess!
- Layer the sausage & tempeh on top of 1 slice of bread. Sprinkle s & p on both slices, close sandwich, cut in half, and scarf down!