Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is super creamy and delish! Any appetizer that is done in 5 minutes or less is almost always a winner in my book. This is the hummus I am going to serve as an app for Thanksgiving. It has the perfect lil’ kick of heat and can be used as a spread, dip, or eaten by the spoonful. My kiddo couldn’t wait for the spoon and starting dipping his hand in the food processor. Note: Don’t shoot food around toddlers. It’s mental. However, it makes for some cute pics. 😉
I’ll keep this post short ‘n sweet. If you’re looking for something quick, easy, and cheap to concoct for a soiree or just yourself or your fam, this is an awesome recipe. I definitely suggest a hummus for a T-day appetizer as well. Hummus is always a crowd pleaser. I have an awesome recipe for an artichoke, basil, and balsamic hummus, too! Enjoy!
- 1/2 15 oz can cannellini beans - drained
- 1/2 15 oz can of garbanzo beans -drain and save 1/2 a shot glass of bean liquid for hummus
- 3/4 C roasted peppers (if using jarred peppers, drain well)
- 2 heaping Tbl tahini
- 2 Tbl spicy taco sauce/hatch sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp of salt (or to your taste)
- Place all the ingredients in a small food processor and blend well
- If too thick, slowly add water until you've reached your desired consistency
- I drizzled hot sauce on top and garnished with small slices of lemon and lime and a couple slices of roasted peppers.