Beet Hummus with Mint
Beet Hummus with Mint is something I’ve wanted to make for a while now, as it seems to be the ‘hip’ hummus these days. Garlic is out, anything off ‘beat’ (haha) is in. Ignore my humor. 😉 I made this recipe a few times in order to reach the perfect balance of ingredients. I didn’t want it to be too sweet or too earthy. This awesome Beet Hummus with Mint is my final and ‘perfect’ dip. If someone would’ve told me that beet hummus would be a thing years ago I would’ve said, “gross, we’ve gone too far.” Thankfully, I’m with the progressive crew these days… rollin’ with the homies. 😉
I blended mint and beets and then garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds since I had half of a pomegranate left over from my kiddo’s birthday party (for my fall sangria – yum!).
Beet Hummus with Mint is an awesome appetizer for a soiree! It’s totally gorgeous, unique, delicious, easy, and healthy. What more could you ask for?! Let me know your thoughts and send me pics in the comment section of your creations!
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans (save a shot glass worth of bean juice) - drained
- 1/2 can cannellini beans (the beans should total 15 ounces together) - drained
- 2 Tbl tahini sauce (not heaping)
- 5-7 drops edible lemon essential oil OR lemon juice (if using fresh lemon, squeeze one large slice)
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 8.5 oz can of beets -drained OR 1 small beet
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup (or syrup of your choice)
- Dash of salt
- *Oil, mint leaves, pepper, and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Blend all ingredients (except garnish) in a blender or immersion blender
- Garnish with oil, mint leaves, pepper, and pomegranate seeds
- Serve with veggies or chips of your choosing!