Creamy Peanut Thai Noodles
Creamy Peanut Thai Noodles is my most favorite dish this summer. It’s right up there with my Crazy Creamy Pesto! I am a massive noodle lover, no doubt about that. Peanut noodles are always my fave and I have been perfecting this recipe forever! If ever there were a perfectly creamy and healthy noodle dish, this is it. Taking one for the win!
When I was living in China there was very little I could eat at Chinese restaurants. Din Tai Fung was my ultimate favorite place on the planet. One, because I could actually eat there. Two, because of their amazing dumplings, braised tofu, aaaand noodles! I have been on an epic quest to recreate those ‘noods’. In doing so, I concocted something I like even better! Score again! I make bucket loads of sauce and freeze the rest in small sized batches so that I can just take a meal-size out of the freezer when needed.
If you eat this and aren’t a sloppy hot mess, you’ve not enjoyed them properly. I wanna see sauce all over your pretty little face dripping down the noodles and your mouth. See G-man (below) doing just that. Hands and all! Now, go get your ‘noods’ on!
… getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha, your ‘noods’ on…
- 2 C raw and unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 C nutritional yeast
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 3-4 Tbl Braggs Aminos or soy sauce
- 1 Tbl sesame oil
- 1 Tbl agave or honey
- 1 Tbl lime juice (optional)
- Sprinkling of salt if needed (I do not use)
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- Water for texture
- Noodles (asian-think ramen)
- Boil noodles
- Place all other ingredients in a strong blender/processor (I use my Vitamix) and blend
- Very slowly add water for a thinner (not too thin!) texture as you blend
- Pour amount needed over noodles and you're done!
- Freeze extra sauce