Gin Fresh Fruit Fizz Cocktail
Gin Fresh Fruit Fizz Cocktail is the most delicious and refreshing cocktail I’ve made all year… hands down! I had some left over kiwi and strawberry in my fridge, some fresh mint in my garden, and wanted something fruity but light with this heat wave we’re having in Portland. Also, I had purchased these amazing Moscow Mule cups and was dying to make something delicious in them.
Whenever the winter has fully gone and left us, and the sun seems like it just might be here to stay a while, I feel like everyone goes cocktail crazy. Well, at least the people that I know in my life! Which more than works for me. I remember creating amazing cocktails with my friend April when I last lived in OR. Always with fresh ingredients and incredibly refreshing in taste. She’d love this Gin Fresh Fruit Fizz drink for sure! April, I’ll make it for you next time you’re here. We used to use this stick we found in the backyard for a muddling stick… pretty sure she still has it! In my 30’s, I’ve graduated to a real muddler. I purchased a Rabbit cocktail set the other week and I’ll never look back. Muddling has never been so easy! Ahh… adulthood. A pretty sweet hood to live in.
If you love gin, strawberry, kiwi, mint, lime, refreshing and natural cocktails to help beat the summer heat, I implore you, make this cocktail now! Also, what an amazing and delicious drink to serve up on Memorial Day. Gin Fresh Fruit Fizz Cocktail will have all of your friends melting in the palms of your cocktail making hands. Slurp up!
- 3-4 ounces of gin
- 3-4 ounces of lemonade
- 2 kiwis
- 2 limes
- 4 strawberries
- Approximately 10 fresh mint leaves
- Crushed ice
- Seltzer water to fill the rest of the cup
- Squeeze the juice from 1 whole lime per cup
- Fill the bottom of each cup with crushed ice
- Add 1 kiwi, 2 strawberries, and approximately 5 mint leaves per cup- muddle well
- Add I.5-2.0 ounces of gin per cup
- Add 1.5-2.0 ounces of lemonade per cup
- Stir well or shake well
- Fill each cup about 3/4 of the way to the top with crushed ice
- Top with seltzer water - stir again
- Garnish with mint if you'd like!