Fried Spiraled Zoodles are the next ‘it’ french fries. Why? For starters, using a spiralizer is ridiculously fun and entertaining on so many levels. Secondly, they’re healthier, and we all know we wanna stay svelte yet eat like a ‘fast foodie’. Thirdly, and most importantly, they’re just damn delicious! Dip those babies in a chipotle mayo and MWAH! There aren’t enough napkins to wipe away your drool. Promise.
I had a twinge of anxiety before making the Fried Spiraled Zoodles because I knew I had to, gulp, fry them! I’m not opposed to frying, though I virtually never do it, it’s the result of a childhood memory. One fine morning my mother was frying away… what? I don’t remember. However, I do most definitely remember her picking up a tupperware cup that was filled with hot grease as it melted onto her lovely white hands, and a scream that pierced through my heart of complete fear. I have no idea how she stayed so calm and collected as she ran to the neighbors to have them watch me as she carted herself to the ER. Hence my frying fright. Needless to say, I was relieved when that portion of this recipe was completed. Also, that brought me closer to the eating portion, and I slobbered it down with a chilled IPA. Not a day goes by that I regret moving back to Portland, OR. Especially when I’m slurping up an IPA. Though I do in fact drink IPA’s from anywhere, I will say with certainty that OR makes the finest of them all, as do they, pinot noirs… in my humble opinion.
Use any dipping sauce from ketchup to mayo of any kind, ranch, blue cheese dressing, Sriracha, hot sauce etc. They will not disappoint! Enjoy!
- 4 zucchinis (spiralized)
- 4 eggs
- Flour - about 2 cups or enough to cover all the zucchini
- Oil for frying
- Salt & pepper to taste for egg
- Dip the spiralized zucchini into the egg with salt & pepper, and then into the flour. Place into and additional bowl as you continue the process.
- Heat a large pan with enough oil to cover the zucchini. When it is fully hot (I used a high heat), add the zucchini.
- Cook until golden or desired crispiness.
- Serve with a chipotle mayo or any sauce you desire.
- You can add any seasoning to the egg mix and/or sprinkle it over the cooked zucchini. Make it cajun, Italian, Greek etc
- A cold beer