Crazy Creamy Mexican Pasta
Crazy Creamy Mexican Pasta was created on a complete whim whilst looking for left over items in my refrigerator. I had NO idea it was going to be as incredibly delicious as it turned out to be. This may be my best invention yet. So good in fact, that it may solve all of the world’s problems in just one measly bite. I’m talkin’ world hunger, war, elephant poaching, your boyfriend/girlfriend’s nagging ways, crappy drivers, and yes, even mother-in-law madness. Don’t believe me? Well, you’ll certainly have to chow down on this Crazy Creamy Mexican Pasta for proof.
I am currently on my Spring break this week. Amen, because my students were beginning to drive me crazy, and I was itchin’ for some fun playtime with my favorite wee one, G-man. I wanted to use the left overs in my fridge (waste not, people!) but wasn’t really sure what to create. I noticed I had some left over mole sauce and POW! It hit me. Thus the birth of Crazy Creamy Mexican Pasta. So go get cookin’ and get down with this dope chow! You’ll be drooling cheese for a week.
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 C shredded cheddar
- 1 Trader Joe's Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burger (or any veggie burger) - diced
- 1/2 C corn
- 1/4 of a soyrizo tube
- 4 oz Mexican sauce of any kind (I used a mole sauce)
- 1 C cooked lentils
- 1 avocado - smashed (I squeezed a bit of lime on this)
- 2 Tbl chipotle mayo
- 2-3 Tbl taco seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 C grapeseed oil
- Cook the pasta and strain. Return to pot and add oil and cheese with stove on low. Stir continuously until cheese is almost melted
- Add the chipotle mayo and taco seasoning. Stir
- Add the avocado & sauce. Stir
- Add the soyrizo. Stir
- Add the lentils & corn. Stir
- Add the quinoa burger and stir.
- Remove from heat and serve
- If I had cilantro in my fridge I would've added that as well.
- Corona and lime or a light beer, as this is a heavy dish.