Egg Muffins To-Go!
Egg Muffins To-Go! is amazingly quick, easy, healthy and perfect for anyone crunched for time but wanting to maintain healthy eating. Take the route of ease and health instead of grabbing a convenient store or deli style breakfast! These Egg Muffins To-Go! can also be a quick snack. You can save these for 3 days or make in individual muffin tins every morning. Any way you slice it, it will be simple! If you’ve read my last post you’ll know that I am preparing for the biggest move of my life. Leaving Beijing after 5 years and trying to organize my life back in the US from abroad has been beyond crazy, busy, and insane! Hence my lack of posting as of late. Throughout all of this craziness and insanity, I have truly enjoyed the planning! However, time is a factor that has greatly diminished. I most definitely do not want to start eating poorly during a period when I really need to stay healthy, focused, and feeling good. Not to mention, I would never compromise little G’s health and we are eating almost all of the same meals together these days. This means that I am still cookin’ but I do not have all of the hours that I typically have had to do it. I’ve been making dishes that are delicious and healthy but also that are quick and easy. If you are crazed for time or just want to keep it simple, these Egg Muffins To-Go! are an amazing idea for your repertoire. Sandwich it between some whole wheat toast, throw it in a wrap, or just have one or two straight from the muffin pan (this is how G and I do it). Loaded with veggies and herbs, and straight to a healthy heart and happy diet… Eat well and enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 Tbl broccoli - diced finely
- 2-3 Tbl red & yellow peppers - diced finely
- 2 Tbl sharp cheddar - diced in small cubes
- Herbs to taste (dried or fresh). I used basil and oregano and I've also used an Italian herb mix
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: veggie sausage & spinach (well chopped)
- Olive oil for muffin tins
- Preheat the oven at 350 f
- Brush the muffin tins with olive oil
- Crack one egg per tin
- Sprinkle a mix of the veggies, herbs, cheese, and s & p, divided evenly, per tin
- Take a fork to quickly mix each tin together
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes (you can stick a butter knife or toothpick in the middle to check the progress of the yolk-cook to your desired temp)
- 1 egg makes 1 muffin. Make as many servings as you'd like!
- Use whatever veggies or cheese that you have in the fridge. If I had veggie sausage, I would have added that as well.