Mediterranean Faux Chicken Wrap is was the product of the amazing & surprising purchase of my Morning Star Chik Patty find. If you’ve read the post prior to this, you will know of the true and utter gleamingly wondrous glories that were running through my heart upon finding these patties. Something so simple but I had never seen in Beijing for the 5 years I’ve lived here! It filled my vegetarian soul for sure. Needless to say, I made Chik Patty everything for weeks!
As per usual, this wrap was concocted via the remnants in my refrigerator. Waste not, people! I’ve been on an arugula kick lately, as I’ve been getting loads of amazing & perfectly spicy arugula. I threw some feta, hummus (click for recipe), cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, oregano, arugula, s & p, and of course, a Chik Patty into a whole wheat wrap. Thus the birth of this Mediterranean Faux Chicken Wrap. Super healthy, incredibly easy, tasty as can be, and last, but not least, done in 5 minutes! Who could ask for more?! Use what you’ve got, add to this wrap recipe, and get your creativity cookin’, please feel free to leave a comment as to how you’ve done yours. Eat well!
- 1 whole wheat wrap
- 1 small-medium handful of arugula
- 2 tsp oregano (less or more if you'd like)
- 2 cherry tomatoes - sliced OR a few sun dried tomatoes diced
- large spoonful of hummus (I like A LOT)
- feta cheese - as much or as little as suits you
- 4 thin slices of a cucumber
- 1 Morning Star Chik Patty - diced OR any soy product you deem delicious
- sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Smother your wrap in hummus, place the cucumbers on top, and sprinkle with oregano
- Layer the arugula atop and then place all ingredients over the arugula
- Sprinkle with your salt & pepper
- Roll it up and you're done!
- Sauvignon blanc