3 Minute, 4 Ingredient Hot Chocolate Mini-Mug Cake!
Mug Cakes. These seem to be the new fad, similar to the one pot pasta fad. Just like my recent one pot pasta post (super delicious by the way!), I decided to try my hand at a mug cake. Curiosity struck, creativity was abound, and kitchen craziness soon ensued! After a few go arounds, I landed on this amazingly easy and delicious “3 Minute, 4 Ingredient Hot Chocolate Mini-Mug Cake!” recipe. I was inspired by my “Warm & Delicious Spiked Choco-Coffee” recipe (which also made it onto Food Gawker last week!) that uses hot cocoa. I guess I am going through a hot chocolate phase at the moment. Typically, I’d choose a bagel, a potato chip, a slice of pizza, anything that is uber carb-o-licious over any sort of sweet, as I’m a carb lover to the extreme. I am just going to assume this is a new phase for me. Hopefully, for my hips, a fleeting phase! This cake is a perfectly adorable and beautiful little individual cake (presents itself in the shape of a mini molten lava cake!) that would make a quick & easy dessert for an impromptu or preplanned gathering of your friends. I shredded some coconut flakes, and sprinkled some chocolate chips & powdered sugar over the cake for a beautiful and tasty garnish. I did this all in a mere 4 minutes! So my friends, pick a mug, any standard favorite mug, and get mixin’! Your tastebuds await!
- 1 individual sized packet of hot chocolate
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 mug
- In your mug, mix all the ingredients together - stir well
- Put the mug in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes
- Remove from mug and put in small bowl
- Serve warm
- I garnished this with coconut flakes, chocolate chips, and a sprinkling of powdered sugar for my guests. Beautiful & delicious!
- Optional: If your texture is not as desired, simply add some water to the mix!