Mediterranean Faux Chicken Wrap is was the product of the amazing & surprising purchase of my Morning Star Chik Patty find. If you’ve read the post prior to this, you will know of the true and utter gleamingly wondrous glories that were running through my heart upon finding these patties. Something so simple but I had never seen in Beijing for the 5 years I’ve lived here! It filled my vegetarian soul for sure. Needless to say, I made Chik Patty everything for weeks!
As per usual, this wrap was concocted via the remnants in my refrigerator. Waste not, people! I’ve been on an arugula kick lately, as I’ve been getting loads of amazing & perfectly spicy arugula. I threw some feta, hummus (click for recipe), cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, oregano, arugula, s & p, and of course, a Chik Patty into a whole wheat wrap. Thus the birth of this Mediterranean Faux Chicken Wrap. Super healthy, incredibly easy, tasty as can be, and last, but not least, done in 5 minutes! Who could ask for more?! Use what you’ve got, add to this wrap recipe, and get your creativity cookin’, please feel free to leave a comment as to how you’ve done yours. Eat well!
- 1 whole wheat wrap
- 1 small-medium handful of arugula
- 2 tsp oregano (less or more if you'd like)
- 2 cherry tomatoes - sliced OR a few sun dried tomatoes diced
- large spoonful of hummus (I like A LOT)
- feta cheese - as much or as little as suits you
- 4 thin slices of a cucumber
- 1 Morning Star Chik Patty - diced OR any soy product you deem delicious
- sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Smother your wrap in hummus, place the cucumbers on top, and sprinkle with oregano
- Layer the arugula atop and then place all ingredients over the arugula
- Sprinkle with your salt & pepper
- Roll it up and you're done!
- Sauvignon blanc
Italian Arugula Pizza Salad is healthy, easy, delicious, and completed in only 5 minutes! I had a few ingredients left over in my refrigerator and desperately wanted to make an arugula salad before my arugula went south. Also, I had found for the first time ever in Beijing, drum roll please… Morning Star Original Chik Patties! It had been years since I had eaten these amazing delights. Thrilled? Elated? Over joyed? Not even! I was soaring-over-the-moon-excited about this find! I paid about $10 for a pack and didn’t even bat an eye. In fact, I bought many packs to stock the freezer with. I was intoxicated with sheer and utter joy. The simple things in life are not always alive and well in Beijing so these moments that may seem small and insignificant are truly beaming rays of sunshine in my smoggy world (pollution…ever-so-“ugh”) when they are found. Whilst I was still soaring so high, I took to the fridge and threw what looked like ingredients to make a pizza with onto the counter top. However, there was no pizza. Though there was a delicious salad in the making in the form of a pizza! And in 5 minutes, I was scarfing down my Italian Arugula Pizza Salad. Yum! I implore you to abandon your pizza Friday (or whatever day of the week it may be) and replace it with this salad. If even only for a week of carb cutting. Let me know your thoughts. Happy “pizza” day!
PS- Excuse this picture please! I just had to take a pic of this deliciousness but it was quite late at night.
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 1 Morning Star Chik Patty (or any soy product you deem comparable)
- 1 Tbs capers
- Approximately 1/4 C garbanzo bean
- Tomato sauce to taste (I used a decent bit, as this is primarily your dressing)
- 2 Tbl creamy cheese (I used a cracked pepper gouda because it was in my fridge. I think mozzarella would be best) or any cheese you so desire
- 1-2 Tbl pesto (optional but a delcious addition)
- Oregano to taste
- Slice your faux chicken patty
- Place your arugula in a bowl and mix together all the ingredients
- Mozzarella or parmesan cheese would be my first two choices. However, you know my food philosophy. Use whatever is in your fridge first and foremost. Waste not! Lastly, feel free to put this inside of a wrap if you'd like.
Mug Cakes. These seem to be the new fad, similar to the one pot pasta fad. Just like my recent one pot pasta post (super delicious by the way!), I decided to try my hand at a mug cake. Curiosity struck, creativity was abound, and kitchen craziness soon ensued! After a few go arounds, I landed on this amazingly easy and delicious “3 Minute, 4 Ingredient Hot Chocolate Mini-Mug Cake!” recipe. I was inspired by my “Warm & Delicious Spiked Choco-Coffee” recipe (which also made it onto Food Gawker last week!) that uses hot cocoa. I guess I am going through a hot chocolate phase at the moment. Typically, I’d choose a bagel, a potato chip, a slice of pizza, anything that is uber carb-o-licious over any sort of sweet, as I’m a carb lover to the extreme. I am just going to assume this is a new phase for me. Hopefully, for my hips, a fleeting phase! This cake is a perfectly adorable and beautiful little individual cake (presents itself in the shape of a mini molten lava cake!) that would make a quick & easy dessert for an impromptu or preplanned gathering of your friends. I shredded some coconut flakes, and sprinkled some chocolate chips & powdered sugar over the cake for a beautiful and tasty garnish. I did this all in a mere 4 minutes! So my friends, pick a mug, any standard favorite mug, and get mixin’! Your tastebuds await!
- 1 individual sized packet of hot chocolate
- 1 egg
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 mug
- In your mug, mix all the ingredients together - stir well
- Put the mug in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes
- Remove from mug and put in small bowl
- Serve warm
- I garnished this with coconut flakes, chocolate chips, and a sprinkling of powdered sugar for my guests. Beautiful & delicious!
- Optional: If your texture is not as desired, simply add some water to the mix!
*As featured on foodgawker.com!
Warm & Delicious Spiked Choco-Coffee will definitely warm your winter soul with some special fuzzy feelings! Amarula, vodka, Grand Marnier, hot chocolate, and coffee. Top it with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a sprinkle of hot chocolate for your extra fancy self! It’s guaranteed to kick your booty, send you smilin’ to the stars, and is simply incredibly tasty. Bored of your typical spiked coffees? Give this one a whirl and I promise you’ll be going for round 2! How was this cocktail created? IKEA. Yes, that is my answer. Whatever do I mean? Well, let the tale begin…
Since I’ve had a baby and the air quality in Beijing can ruin weekends, I don’t really go out anymore. If you are reading this and you know me I have no doubt you’re in total and utter disbelief! 😉 I got super excited when I made plans with my Beijing bestie, Alana. What were we going to do on this fine Saturday afternoon? Go to IKEA together. Seriously, I was teeming with excitement for 2 weeks leading up to this Saturday. We both needed to stock up on supplies. Also, I have always wanted to go back to IKEA with my camera (not just my iPhone) to take pictures of the countless individuals sleeping, yes, full out sleeping, on the display beds at this fine establishment. Once, there was even a family eating their own noodles in an IKEA kitchen display. I sh#% you not. Last year, a rumor went around stating IKEA had banned people in China from sleeping on their furniture. However, it was just that, a rumor. Learning that the thrill of a good nap was still alive & kickin’, I told Alana we had to go there with my Canon and a super yummy and strong cocktail to further our entertainment value. We did it, and it was AWESOME! We walked around, took pics, drank our Warm & Delicious Spiked Choco-Coffee, got pretty toasted, pretended to sleep on beds, and shopped. The two of us definitely came home with more than a few unnecessary items and a bit of a stumble!
If you want to have an amazing day at a Chinese IKEA, I strongly suggest drinking a Warm & Delicious Spiked Choco-Coffee. Obviously, many of you reading this blog do not live in China, so for you, I strongly suggest this tasty libation next time you have a nice cold day with a friend over. Perhaps Google people sleeping in beds at IKEA for your entertainment as well. Sip, slurp, get your buzz on, pink up those cheeks, and enjoy!
The first set of pictures below are the ones of the lovely IKEA adventure. Please keep scrolling to see the Warm & Delicious Spiked Choco-Coffee pictures and recipe!
- 1/4 tsp Grand Marnier
- 1-2 ounces Amarula (or Bailey's)
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 tsp hot chocolate powder (more for a garnish if you'd like)
- Hot coffee
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate Shavings (optional)
- Fill your mug of choice with coffee - about 3/4 full
- Pour in your 3 liquors and hot chocolate powder - stir well
- Optional: Garnish with a nice heaping of whipped cream, top with chocolate shavings, and sprinkle with hot coco powder
- I truly prefer Amarula to Bailey's for this drink. Do not operate heavy machinery while drinking or soon afterwards!