One Pot Lightly Creamy Pasta To Die For!
One Pot Lightly Creamy Pasta To Die For! was going to be called “The Only One Pot Lightly Creamy Pasta You’ll Ever Need” until I quickly realized how incredibly easy, delicious, and amazing this dish is that I most certainly will be making many more one pot pastas in the near future! I’ve always been curious about this one pot pasta trend and didn’t have much faith in its alleged & wondrous glories. I am happy to report that despite my cynicism these can truly be incredibly flavorful meals. Woo-hoo! KISS factor on and topping out at the highest of tastebud scales! This particular one pot pasta dish features camembert, mushrooms, tomatoes, peas, and basil for a full on flavor explosion. Not to be missed, messed with, or frowned upon, I assure you. I’ll even stamp it with my 100% guarantee. Sold, or at least I certainly hope you are!
I had no basis for a recipe when coming up with this one pot pasta. All I knew, like I always know, is that I wanted a ton of flavor. I am not one for the bland. I am a flavor junkie for sure. Are all foodies this way? Who knows. Anyway, I pretend that they are. Hubby was away visiting his other most favorite person on the planet for the weekend (yes, he most definitely has a bromance with an English lad. Cheers to you, John. Miss you! Xx – PS- they would both HATE that I used that word) and doing a photoshoot with wee man G can be crazy at best. I took full advantage of his nap (though much later in the day than I would’ve liked for my natural light…sigh, can’t win ’em all!) and went to town, creating as I went. The result? Magic! Magic in one freakin’ pot! Top that! I dare you. I was delighted to learn that one pot pastas kick some serious a**! It was slightly creamy and exploding with flavors, especially from the mushrooms and basil. I can’t suggest a pasta dish for your next meal more highly than I suggest this One Pot Lightly Creamy Pasta To Die For! Mangia!
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 wheel of camembert cheese - remove skin & dice
- Lg handful of basil - loosely chopped (about 3/4 - 1 C)
- 13 cremini mushrooms - sliced
- 10 small - medium ripe tomatoes - halved or quartered depending on size (should be about 1 1/4-1 1/2 C)
- 2 C frozen peas
- 1 shallot - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - diced
- 3 vegetable stock cubes
- Olive for pan (a healthy amount)
- 5 C water
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste (I'm not stingy!)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Add olive oil to pasta pot, heat on low, and add shallot - 1 minute
- Add garlic - 30 seconds
- Add mushrooms, salt & pepper. Stir. Cook for about 3-5 minutes
- Add tomatoes & half of the basil. Stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add veggie cubes and stir frequently for 1 minute
- Add water and bring to boil. Then add pasta and stir
- With 5 minutes left in your cook time for your pasta, add the peas. Stir
- When pasta is done, turn off heat, add the rest of the basil and the camembert. Stir well
- Cover pot with lid and let sit for a few minutes. Stir again & serve!
- Garnish with basil & parmesan cheese
- This serves either 4 large bowls or 6 medium sized bowls.
- To reheat, add a smidge of veggie broth with a wrist flick of olive oil
- Red- Rioja or White- Unoaked Chardonnay