Amazing Classic Guacamole
Why is Guacamole not everyone’s staple appetizer? It is healthy, incredibly easy, and delicious. I use it on sandwiches, pastas, and as a dip. This Amazing Classic Guacamole recipe, though simple, took me months of trial & error (if that sounds long just remember, I didn’t make it everyday!) to find the absolute perfect balance of ingredients for the best tasting (as far as my palate is concerned) Guacamole one can eat. I pretty much top any Mexican inspired dish with this and serve it frequently at my parties. It’s almost as much of a staple as my Classic Hummus, and that is saying something! Bust out your best margaritas and party down, by yourself or with others, I’m always quite happy to party by myself if need be, and dip into your best avocado dish. Party on!
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 C cilantro - loosely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (or more if needed) salt
- 3/4 red onion - diced
- 3 limes wedges - squeezed
- 3/4 C ripe tomato - diced
- Optional: If you want a spicy Guacamole, dice up some jalapenos in there!
- In a medium sized bowl, smash the avocados will all of the other ingredients together
- Mix well (multiple times)
- As a dip with tortilla chips
- As a spread on sandwiches
- On top of pasta
- Or with nothing but a spoon to your mouth!
- *A nice lime margarita on the rocks goes quite nicely at all times.
- Holy Sh#% Loaded Nachos! - […] few more paragraphs of over-the-top ridiculousness to further convince you. Lastly, go to my guacamole recipe if you want…
- Super Bowl 50 Game Day, Game Changin' Eats! - […] Classic Guacamole. Great to top the nachos with AND for an awesome dip! […]