Dear April & Fraya,
I will never forget the first time we hung out together, came back from the cold arboretum, and headed to April’s kitchen for the making of this amazing vegan, healthy, and delicious Creamy Tomato & Cauliflower Soup. What a freakin’ day we’d had thus far! Let’s just say I most certainly cannot and will not share the contents of our hilarious day. I’ll let your mind try and concoct crazy ideas of its own. It was a very, crazy, fun day, for sure! Oh to be 25 again. I don’t know that I could survive it twice though! Thanks for the recipe, April! Miss you girls daily! Xo
To everyone else reading this post: This recipe is so ridiculously easy and delicious. It is loaded with flavor, requires very few and super cheap ingredients. I love creamy soups that are actually healthy. Who doesn’t?! Winter blizzards need winter warmth. Wrap yourself up in this soup with some awesome hearty bread, and a nice glass of wine. Enjoy and stay warm!
- 1 lg head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 cans of good diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of white beans (save liquid from cans)
- 1 lg onion - diced
- 3 cloves of garlic - diced
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 1/4-1/2 C dried oregano (I like a lot)!
- 3 Tbl olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In large pot, heat oil. Add onions & salt - cook for approximately 3-5 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minutes more-stir constantly
- Add white beans with liquid from cans. Add more salt and add pepper. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes and turn up heat a bit
- Add tomatoes & half of the oregano. Cook & stir for about 10 minutes
- Take off heat and blend with immersion blender
- Put back on heat and add the broth, cauliflower, and the rest of the oregano
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes
- Serve with a hearty & healthy bread
- *If you want it thicker, use more beans or less broth. Thinner, add more broth.
- Serving sizes varying depending on if this is a meal or a side
- White- Pinot Grigio
- Red- Rioja