Bagel, Hummus, Avocado & Some, Spread
This is an incredibly easy, healthy, and delicious breakfast spread that can be accomplished in just 5 minutes! I don’t know about you, but that sounds pretty amazing to me! Especially, on a busy weekend. Sometimes, a good-for-you & easy recipe can be more involved. Not the case here, which is why this is my go-to weekend recipe when I am movin’ & groovin’ with little time in between. This spread is inspired by one of my favorite vegetarian breakfast restaurants in Portland, OR- Muddy’s Cafe. This was a weekend fave for my veggie friend and I when I lived there. I loved sitting outside of the old Victorian, on the patio, and in one of my favorite Portland neighborhoods, or even inside the rustic and cozy warmth of the country-esk kitchen vibe that Muddy’s provided. No, this is not a paid advertisement, and sadly, it has closed after 9 years of business. Moment of silence for my PDX vegetarian foodies please… Sigh. Here is my version of a regularly ordered breakfast: A bagel (always an everything bagel in my case), slathered and oozing with cream cheese, hummus, and avocado (often all mashed together), sometimes with an egg on top (over medium), and always with a side of ripe fruit. Yes please! Save yourself some time and scarf it up this weekend!
- 1 bagel (I use whole wheat everything bagels)
- 4-6 Tbl cream cheese (I use veggie or chive cream cheese)
- 6 Tbl hummus (see my hummus recipe)
- 1/2 or 1 ripe avocado
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg (optional)
- Fresh & ripe fruit of your picking
- Toast your bagel
- On each bagel half, slather on the cream cheese, then hummus, and lastly the avocado & salt/pepper (you can smash together if you want)
- If using egg, top on one of the bagel sides now
- Add your fresh fruit to the plate and voila! Done!