Pita & Parmesan Eggs w/ Tomato
This recipe was made completely randomly with the left overs in my fridge. I had pita and tomatoes from some Greek food I had made the day before, extra eggs, and I almost always have parmesan cheese. This plus a few herbs and voila! A simple, quick, and delicious breakfast was born. Honestly, this could easily be one of those breakfast for dinner dishes. Whatever the time of day, it’s a great & easy dish to add to your repertoire. Not to mention, if you’ve read the “About Me” portion of my blog you’ll know that this goes along with my food philosophy. Like the mind, food is a terrible thing to waste!
- 2 pitas (preferably flat bread pitas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 6 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Small handful fresh (or 1 Tbl dry) flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup (or just shy of) shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste (I use a fair amount of both)
- Put the olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt & pepper in a bowl and toss together
- Lightly toast the pitas
- Fry the eggs in the pan (I prefer over-medium)
- Put an egg over each pita and split the tomato bowl over each pita
- Sprinkle with loads of parmesan
- Optional: Garnish with additional parsley & salt and pepper. Cut into triangles.
- You can use any herbs that your heart desires!