Classic Creamy Hummus
Write a review
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 15 oz can small white beans or cannellini beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3-4 Tbl Olive oil
- water or liquid from cans of beans (optional for thinning if need be or for desired consistency)
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly chopped parsley (a smidge more for garnish if presenting)
- 1 tsp oregano (optional-I'm just obsessed with it)
- 1 1/2 Tbl tahini
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Add garlic, lemon juice, tahini, oregano and parsley, white beans, olive oil, salt, and blend in food processor.
- Add the rest of beans and liquid and blend again until smooth. Add more liquid if needed for desired creaminess.
- Put in small bowl in center of plate with pita bread/pita chips/crudite/pretzels
- Sprinkle hummus with olive oil, paprika, and a few pieces of parsley on top
- Hummus is amazing on sandwiches, wraps, and burgers as a healthy and creamy spread. It also makes for an amazingly easy and well-liked party appetizer or just on a spoon itself!
Food Galley Gab http://foodgalleygab.com/
- Amazing Classic Guacamole | Food Galley Gab - […] with this and serve it frequently at my parties. It’s almost as much of a staple as my Classic…
- Super Bowl 50 Game Day, Game Changin' Eats! - […] Classic Hummus. Honestly, when and how could this ever not be a perfect app? Serve with pita chips, pretzels,…