Classic Baked Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
Classic Baked Creamy Mac n' Cheese
A classic and delicious creamy & baked macaroni and cheese. Soul warming and comforting with every bite!
Write a review
- Approx 1 lb conchigliette pasta
- 1/4 C diced onion
- 2 Tbl butter
- 2 Tbl flour
- 1 1/2- 1 3/4 C milk
- 2 3/4 C shredded white sharp cheddar
- 2 3/4 C shredded smoked gouda (if you are not a fan of smoked gouda, 'sigh'- I forgive you, you may use regular gouda)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (sometimes I use a Mexican blend to spice it up for a change)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat the pan and add butter. Once melted stir in onion and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in flour. Stir continuously until a paste is created. This should be quick.
- Add milk and stir continuously until smooth.
- Add cheese and stir continuously until no bumps and completely smooth.
- Add salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Slowly add pasta into the the pan of cheese. Be sure you are fully covering the shells before you add more.
- Once all pasta has been added to the cheese pour into a rectangular glass bakeware.
- Top with breadcrumbs and put in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- *I often put tinfoil on the the first half of the baking time and remove it for the rest.
- Enjoy your glutenous cheesy comfort!
- I think mac n' cheese deserves a decent amount of pepper for those who pinch small! I usually grind some on each plate afterwards as well.
- Wear spandex style pants before indulging. 😉
Food Galley Gab http://foodgalleygab.com/
- Super Bowl 50 Game Day, Game Changin' Eats! - […] Classic Creamy Mac n’ Cheese. Serve in large slices or in small bites in cups. […]